As a brief side note to today's long overdue post, I think that this cartoon perfectly encapsulates one of my major grievances against heavy breathers--their insistence on doing so in my presence. Many thanks to Lowen for bringing this to my attention today via email. There is nothing worse than having a person hovering over you on the T, or anywhere really, breathing down your neck causing your hair to sway in the breeze. What is wrong with breathing strictly through the nose? I had a classmate that I used to refer to as Darth Vader based on how loud she breathed throughout class. No idea what her real name is.The main problem that I have become all to aware of lately when walking through the streets of Boston that I find particularly troubling and noteworthy of comment: leg warmers. What the HELL is wrong with people? Leg warmers were NEVER cool. Sure, maybe if you're a ballerina and you require warmth on your legs--maybe. I imagine a tutu doesn't offer up much warmth. I suspect this is how the monstrosity that is leg warmers came into being and in fact, I just verified it on Wikipedia. But in this day and age I think people should be smart enough to identify and locate PANTS. We have warm ups, sweatpants, capris, and dare I even suggest it-- leggings. There is really no need for the gaudy awfulness of leg warmers. Is keeping your calves warm really going to make a difference? No, jackass. Just wear a hat if you're so concerned with losing body heat. If I see one more set of leg warmers prancing around the city, I swear I am going to lose my shit. Even if we put aside the sheer ridiculousness of what some might call a "fad" (I would feel more comfortable categorizing it as a social crisis), the most important thing to note is that it's not that friggin' cold out yet. If you're from New England, you know better. This is nothing. There has been one day that was particularly cold in the city in recent weeks that I can think of offhand and even then, it didn't warrant leg warmers. In fact, arctic temperatures don't warrant legwarmers. If your legs are cold WEAR PANTS, moron.
