
Contrary to popular predictions, I have arrived in the D.C. area without any major travel tragedies. It's true. I'm not one for directions. I would lose my head were it not attached to my body and I have given serious consideration to adding a provision in my future will making it so that I literally arrive late to my own funeral. Nevertheless, despite my shortcomings, in just over 8 short hours I arrived to Washington to DC in JTSINC (my father's car, of course) safe and sound. Although Victoria, my British GPS device, and I had a minor difference in opinion somewhere in Rhode Island, there were no other incidents. The fact that I got lost in the smallest state in the continental United States basically verifies my abovementioned statements regarding my directional inadequacy.
My apartment is great and my roommate seems very polite and nice. He enjoys lacrosse, the Washington Redskins, his cat (Mr. Blizzard), XBox 360 and I suspect he is currently playing a video game which requires some type of head gear. All in all, I think living here will be just fine. I'm excited to make my way into the city tomorrow, with my roommate's much needed assistance, and start work. That is adventure is conditional, of course, on the current snow storm sweeping the D.C. area. Leave it to me to choose an internship 8 hours south of Boston where it's expected to snow six to nine inches by morning. You can take the girl out of the Boston weather, but it will follow her to Washington D.C. and potentially ruin her first day of work.
Wish me luck that I can get into the city tomorrow and can find where I need to be.
