Thursday, October 2, 2008

Say cheese.

It's a beautiful crisp fall day in Boston. I was really enjoying the weather while walking through the Common this morning shamelessly rocking out to Katie Perry's "I kissed a girl" on my i-pod. Whenever a song like that comes up on shuffle I always desperately wish that I could start dancing around like those i-pod commercials where the person's shadow goes nuts dancing around as the person walks along. Don't lie to yourself, you've had moments like that too. As I was rock-walking along on my way to work, I noticed this woman just sort of awkwardly standing under a tree in the middle of a grassy nole. I didn't think much of it until I noticed this squirrel dart across the sidewalk in front of me with the woman in tow. She was following the thing around trying to take its picture. She was chirping and cooing at it in such a way that I'm convinced she thought it was a cat or some other domesticated animal. I actually felt a bit bad for the thing. I sure it felt wholly unprepared for a photoshoot first thing in the morning.